On the penultimate day of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2023, Lions were awarded in Brand Experience & Activation, Creative Business Transformation, Creative Commerce, Creative Effectiveness, Creative Strategy, Innovation, and Mobile. Regional Network of the Year awards also were announced. Follow me as I walk you through the main awards on the fourth day of the International Festival of Creativity.
Grand Prix Winner: ‘The Subconscious Order’
This year’s Grand Prix winner in the Creative Commerce Lions category was ‘The Subconscious Order’ by HungerStation. The food delivery service, based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, uses the power of the subconscious mind to allow users to order food online. The service uses a unique algorithm that analyses user preferences and recommends food items based on their subconscious mind. The campaign was created by Wunderman Thompson, and it was a big hit with the judges.
Other Main Award Wins
- France won its first Creative Strategy Grand Prix for ‘Renault – Plug-Inn’ by Publicis Conseil. The campaign created a peer-to-peer app connecting electric vehicle drivers and home charger owners.
- Peru won its first Innovation Grand Prix for ‘MouthPad’ for Augmental by Wunderman Thompson Lima and Augmental. The tongue-controlled device helps people with disabilities interact with the world.
- Germany, Mexico, Japan, and China won their first Creative Business Transformation Lions.
- Honduras and New Zealand won their first Creative Strategy Lions.
- In Brand Experience & Activation The Grand Prix went to ‘FIFA 23 X TED LASSO’ for EA Sports and Apple by Apple Cupertino and EA Sports Redwood City.
- In Mobile Lions, The Grand Prix went to ‘World Cup Delivery’ for PedidosYa by GUT Buenos Aires.
The campaign tracked the flight bringing the World Cup trophy to Argentina, becoming the top trending topic.
- In the Creative Effectiveness Lions , the Grand Prix went to ‘Shah Rukh Khan-My-Ad’ for Mondelez by Ogilvy Mumbai.
The campaign used machine learning and data to create ads for small businesses and a product, boosting sales.
- In the Creative Business Transformation Lions , the second Grand Prix went to ‘ADLaM – an Alphabet to Preserve a Culture’ for Microsoft by McCann New York.
Regional Network of the Year Awards: Dentsu Wins in Asia
At the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, the Regional Network of the Year awards were also announced. The awards recognized the top-performing advertising networks in different regions. This year, Dentsu won the Regional Network of the Year award in Asia. Other winners include DDB Worldwide in Europe, BBDO Worldwide in MENA and Latin America, FCB in North America, BBDO Worldwide in the Pacific, and Ogilvy in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Creative Commerce Lions is an important category that recognises the innovative and creative approach to online and offline commerce. This year’s Grand Prix winner, ‘The Subconscious Order’ by HungerStation, is a unique and innovative campaign that showcases the power of the subconscious mind. The fourth day of Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity saw several creative wins from India and several other countries we look forward to seeing more innovative campaigns in the future.