Qatar Airways – Ministry of Culture partnership is bringing national flavors to passengers onboard its flights and its award-winning lounges. Leading culinary artist Chef Aisha Al Tamimi has worked with the airline for a menu refresh.
Her dishes, which have drawn inspiration from the local Qatari culture, will take passengers on a flavorful journey at 40,000 feet in the air. Chef Aisha highlighted that food is an integral part of every civilization. “It is one of the tangible elements that brings pride to every citizen. In my partnership with Qatar Airways, I ensured that my dishes are authentic to the Qatari heritage that I am very proud of, and I am happy to bring my local cuisine onboard this impressive airline.
The new menu will be made available to passengers traveling on various routes, including Asia, North America, Australia, Europe and GCC. They can enjoy some of the scrumptious national dishes, including entrees, main courses and desserts that Qatar is regarded for:
- Chicken Machboos – marinated chicken basmati rice dish, served with a daqoos red chilli sauce filled with an abundance of the region’s aromatic spices. The dis is garnished with crispy onions and chopped parsley.
- Madrubah – a slowly cooked dish that consists of ground oats with boneless shredded chicken. Qatari seasoning is added with dried lemon and natural green herbs.
- Mashkool – this is a basmati rice dish that consists of fried chicken, eggplant, and potatoes mixed together with coconut milk. The dish is garnished with a layer of almonds and crispy onions.
- Chicken Jareesh – chopped chicken dish that is cooked with wheat, onions and Arabic ghee, garnished with crispy onion and green chilly salsa.
- Breakfast Platter – a variety of local dishes, including saffron and cardamom, flavored balaleet vermicelli, eggs and tomatoes, scrambled eggs, and traditional beans with onion and garlic. This platter is served alongside a basket of Arabic breads.
Akbar Al Baker, Qatar Airways CEO, believes food is a universal language. It is appreciated by all travelers. “Our country is admired for the aromatic flavors of its national dishes. In partnership with the Ministry of Culture, we are proud to bring a world-class Qatari chef to our airline family. The new onboard meals will further elevate the travel experience, and bring passengers one step closer to what it’s like to dine in Qatar.”
Qatar Airways continues to enhance its passengers experience by offering unparallel services and dining options.